Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Wed 8/22/2012 9:40 AM



Hola mi familia!! :)

Mucho gracias por sus letras y sus palabras de consuelo!! It has defnintely been another amazing week here at the MTC! I am really learning a lot of lessons about life here and my eyes have really been opened to a greater understanding of why things happen in the past and how to learn from them. It truly is amazing how many opportunites God puts before us to take part of His work, saving others. As I have been looking back this past week on those who I have come in contact with over my short life so far, it has been shocking at all of the opportunites that I kinda wasted by not doing my part in the work and loving them better or inviting them to come back to the Gospel and come closer unto Christ. It really has been a stark reality.

So yesterday almost my entire district was able to go to the Mexican Consolate. It was really fun! Now I say almost all because one Elder is going to Boise today to go to the consolate there because they ran out of visas here, and one Elder still hasn't gotten any word on his visa application. It has been really hard for him to deal with the only one not knowing what is going to happen to him, and I have been trying to comfort him and make sure he is doing ok, but I can tell it has been hard for him. Anyways, back to yesterday! So right after lunch we got on a bus to head up to SLC, and I was thinking that I was going to be able to stay awake the whole ride up so I could see where friends lived as we passed by and most importantly see our street. But, I ended falling asleep pretty much the whole ride there. This work is exausting, but defnitely the best think ever! Anyways, It was really fun to be able to leave Provo for a little bit and get some "fresh" air haha honestly at first it felt really really weird leaving the MTC, and by the time we headed back here I was really anxious to get back here and get back to work. It took 4 hours for us to get up there, take a picture, sign litterally only 3 times, and then head back home. I kinda felt very unproductive, but I understand that certain messures have to be taken.

Anyways, yesterday during the devotional we had Neil L. Anderson from the 12 come speak to us, and since it was President Monson's Bday yesterday, he talked about the lessons that he, Elder Anderson, has learned from president  monson since he has been an apostle. The thing that I took most from it was a quote from Pres. Monson, "Do your duty, that is best. Leave unto the Lord, the rest." I really feel like I have been trying to do that here at the MTC. I have been trying to focus my energies 100 percent throughout the day on my duty as a missionary and leaving everything at home in God's hands. It has been really fun to see how well everyone is being taken care of at home, and I really feel like it is because I have been doing my duty, and just like in my poem in my "farewell" talk, leaving everyone at home in God's hands.

The most sprititually and emotionally uplifting thing that happened this past week was monday night when our teacher who got married 2 weeks ago came back. She has a tendency to not follow the lesson plan but follow what the spirit tells her what we need. So, instead of grammer instruction, she had us go around the room and have everyone say something that they like in everyone else in the district, one by one, for example, if it was my turn everyone would take a turn saying what they admired/liked about me. Not only was it an answer to my prayers to bring the district closer together (becuase for some reason I am still distrcit leader, even though we are only supposed to be in for 3 weeks and Im going on 5), but answers to my prayers that my district can notice how much I care about them. Almost every single one said that they truly felt how much I cared about them, among other things, but It was really special to know that my hard work to help these elders has not gone unoticed.

I love this work like none other! I challenge everyone to find someone that they can invite to come unto Christ more, such as inviting them to read their scriptures more or going to mutual or what not, but that is my assignment for everyone this week, and if that someone is yourself, even better! I love you all, (Especially you mom) siempre!

Love,

Elder Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment