Monday, December 3, 2012

Oh Boy

Mon 12/3/2012 4:32 PM

Well, the first week of the city is over, and boy was it an interesting week. So as many have asked in their letters, yes, my new area is in the city, smack dab in the middle, and mom, yes, there is a Costco  and I am a new member of this wonderful business haha :) It really is great because we were able to get pop-tarts and Costco chocolate muffins  which you know I am deeply in love with, so that is really nice :) also because I have a card now, we can go eat in the cafeteria there for the days that we receive money or pdays, which is what we did today.

Ok, now on to this week. So as I may have mentioned, the way that we are working here in mexico is completely different, we don't knock doors anymore. The way that we will be working from now on is purely by references from the members in our ward, which this past week took a little bit of thinking because well, we didn't have any haha. Since we didnt have any names from our members in the ward and we couldn't go knock doors to find new people to teach, we looked at the ward directory of all the recent converts and less active members to go re-activate them as well as ask for names, but that didnt go as well as I would have hoped. To be honest, this past week was one of the worst weeks lessons wise, we hardly taught anyone compared to my last area, solely because 1; 1 out of almost 3 people that we tried to go see ended up being just right out side of our area, and 2; 1 out of 2ish people that we went to go see werent home, so it was a little difficult the first couple days cause we really didnt know what to do some of the time, so we defintely have learned how to plan even better for this area and new way to work in  the Lord´s vinyard, but this past sunday was really good.

So as I said before, this area hasnt baptized in 2 changes, so when I got here there werent any possibles to baptize on sunday, which was really weird for me. But, we found this one 18 year old guy named Vincent my first night that well, to put it simply, is golden. His girlfriend is a member (flirt to convert right?) and he has been investigating the church for almost 9 months now, along with several other churchs. It actually turns out that he went to the ward of our AP´s but lives in out area, so the first night we went to go try to find him and low and behold another miracle, we find him just looking out his window, so we talk to him, ask him how he feels about getting baptized, and he says straight up yes, I want to be baptized. To me that was awesome, but my companion, who unfortunately hasnt had the opportunity to baptize yet, was stunned. First it was a miracle to find him, then to have him say yes to baptism, and then this past sunday we had our district leader interview him and he will be baptized this coming sunday! I am soooo excited! So I was talking to him after the interview how he felt again about the church and baptism and what not, and he said something along the lines of that he has investigated a lot of different churches, catholic, christian, jew, JW, and the LDS church, and he said that he felt a peace and tranquility in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints like he didnt feel anywhere else, and he said he knows that this is the true church of Christ. It was sooo amazing and so powerful! After he said that I was a little caught off guard and didnt really know what to say haha so I just agreed with him and bore my testimony about it, and oddly enough found out that he didnt even have a Book of Mormon, so of course we taught him about that and gave him one so he could continue to grow and prepare to be baptize (that that he really needs any more).

Anyways, so that was the main miracle that we found this week, but along with that, during the last hour of church my companion and I talked with our bishop to see if we could do a little ´´activity´´ with the Elders Quorum  and the relief society, and well, it went really good. We shared some scriptures from the BOM and DC about helping others come unto Christ and that it doesnt matter what their religion is, and then asked them to write down on a piece of paper someone they knew who isnt a LDS, and well, we have work to do this week, finally, in fact, we recieved 29 names in total from doing that.

Well, I dont have much time, but here are the pictures from the last sunday in Santiago Tianguistenco with the 5 baptisms (Martin and Miguel in the first, Antonio Nacy and Carla in the last), as well as a picture of me and my new companion Elder Alvarez. I love you all so much and I am so grateful for all you do. Grandma, I got the one talk you sent from President Uchtdorf, but not the others yet. One really good thing about this area is we receive pouch the first in our zone, so I get mail one week earlier than usual :) Mom for Christmas im pretty sure I get to skype you, so if you can one send me information with an account that I can use and an account that you will be using that will be great. Oh ya, the mission address changed, so please put this up on facebook and let everyone know:

Misión México Ciudad de México Oeste
           Avenida Fuente de las Pirámides No. 1, Piso 1
Lomas de Tecamachalco, C.P. 53950
Naucalpan, Edo. de México

Well, thank you all again for your prayers and support, I love you all so much!!
Much Love,

Elder Noel




 



No comments:

Post a Comment