Monday, November 26, 2012

Cambios!


Monday, November 26, 2012 5:02 PM

Well, just like I thought, I got changed this week, and low and behold, I have a Mexican companion! His name is Elder Alvarez and he is from here, D.F. He is waiting for his visa to go to Argentina  and well, I'm finishing up his training..... I'm not sure if I feel all that ready to be training someone when I just barely finished my training, like this last change, it has definitely made me realize how much more I need to learn and how much I am going to be relying on God to make sure I don't screw up training this elder, cause he really is tan bueno! I don't know how well our lessons are going to go and what not, but one thing I do know, we are going to change this area around (apparently they haven't had baptisms here for 2 changes, if anything, that gives me more drive to baptize!).
So we don't have a lot of time cause I took me a long time to get here, so I am going to keep it straight to the point this week. My new area is called Loma Hermosa and it is in D.F., so I am pretty excited about that, as well as we have a Costco here :) Our house is really nice, we have a fridge, a stove, a shower, everything but a washer, but our district leader has one so I'm not too worried about that.
So this last Sunday  well, it was definitely interesting. So we had 6 baptisms planned to do in the morning before church so they could get confirmed during church since it was the last Sunday of the change. Well, 4 of them fell through because 1 boy Luis is deathly afraid of water, and the other three, well that is a whole nother story. So this family of 3 is really amazing, but the parents weren't married (again), so we went to go marry them Friday (again). So we had the papers for them to sign in the chapel Sunday morning, but the youngest daughter got sick so the mom had to take her to the hospital  so she couldn't go to the church to sign the papers, so her husband couldn't get baptized either. Well, we talked to them and they said that they would come at 12 to do everything, and at 12:30 they finally showed up, we married them, and then baptized them right after church. So out of the 6 baptisms that we had planned, we were able to have 5 of them, which was an amazing way to end the change! (sorry i don't have any pictures, for some reason this computer is letting me see my pictures, but i know they are there cause i can see them on my camera, oh well next week I guess) To end the change, we went to the family Santiago (the really big family that we have now baptized 9 of) to share a scripture, the end of Alma 7, and to say goodbyes. I didn't expect it to be as hard as it was. I have really understood what it means to serve God with all our heart might mind and strength, but mostly heart, and I like to tie this scripture in with the one that says when we are in the service of our fellow men, we are in the service of our Lord. I never knew it was possible to love another family so much, in such a different way, than I do this family. As i have grown in that area, teaching them a ton, giving many blessings of comfort, health, and actually performing all the baptisms in their family, it was harder to say goodbye to them than any of my friends (yes, any of my friends, sorry guys), and almost harder than saying goodbye to my own family, mostly because I will probably never see them again, but, I definitely have gained a family here in Mexico, so I can now say i am part Mexican :) I will miss them dearly, but, I know I have too much to do here to focus on that, and the Lord has shown me that in a very quick manner by making me a trainer so flippin' fast.... Well I guess we will see if the phrase ´´The best way to learn is to teach´´ is true or not haha.
Bueno, pues no tengo mas tiempo, pero les amo muchísimo! Sí mama he recibido su carta con los ´´stamps´´ hace como 1 o 2 semanas, entonces mucho gracias por eso. Usted envio la regalo para navidad? Si sí, gracias, si no, gracias jaja. Les amo much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment